セレクトラ・ジャパン株式会社 (Selectra Japan Co., Ltd.), hereinafter referred to as “Selectra”, fully recognizes its social mission regarding the protection of all personal information handled, and protects indivicual’s rights. Selectra complies with Japanese laws and regulations regarding the handling of personal information. Furthermore, we have established as a group an information protection management system using the latest technology trends and adapting to the changes in social requirements and business environments.
The personal information acquired and specified by our users are only used in the extent necessary to our legitimate business execution and human resource management. Overall, it includes all matters related to electricity charges, gas charges internet and mobile fees comparison services. Selectra handles will not use personal information beyond the necessary scope and takes measures to prevent unauthorized use, as follows:
Managing the personal information in an appropriate manner.
Complying with laws, regulations, guidelines and other norms regarding the protection of personal information.
Taking safety measures against risks such as leakage, loss, and damage of personal information. Selectra works on continuously improving its personal information security system. In case of emergency, we will take the necessary actions in the shortest delay possible.
Respond promptly and honestly to any complaints or consultations regarding the handling of personal information.
Regularly reviewing and improving our personal information protection management system in accordance with the changes in Selectra’s working environment.
Handling of personal information
Selectra defines the handling of user information including personal information about users of the services provided by the company as follows.
Personal information refers to all pieces of information of our users that can be used to identify him/her (amongst others: name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, company name). Even the information that is not sufficient alone to make the user identifiable but that gives significant information or easy comparison to other user is considered as personal information.
How does Selectra acquire personal information?
The ways by which Selectra acquires personal information are listed below.
- Via inbound calls at our call center
- Via application forms, campaigns forms or other forms (newsletter subscription…) that our users fill in or sign up for.
- Via email when contacted directly by a user.
Purpose of use of personal information
The personal information handled by Sleectra will never be used in purposes other than the ones listed below.
- To verify the identity of the user to prevent unauthorised used of our services.
- To introduce electricity/gas/internet plans suitable to the user.
- To notify users of advantageous price plans or campaigns for energy, internet, or other products related to our activities.
- To notify users of a change in our Terms of Service or general policy, or to notify users of an eventual suspension/cancellation/termination of our services, or other important notices regarding our activities.
- To product large statistical information for service improvement and development (in the extent to which it is not possible to specify an individual’s use or information).
- To provide personal information to our partners (when consented by the user), for example in the case of subscription to one of our partners’ service.
Provision of personal information to a third party
As a general rule, Selectra does not provide personal information to third parties without the consent of the user himself. When consented by the user, we will provide personal information only after identifying the destination and the content of the provided information.
1. Destinations of personal information
・ Our partners, mainly electricity,gas and internet services providers
・Providing the services (energy/internet related) that we initially introduced to users.
3. Pieces of personal information to be provided
・All information acquired from users that are within the range of necessary to the use of the offered service.
4. Provision method
・Sending by written or electronic methods.
Note however that personal information may be provided by Selectra without the user's consent in the following cases.
- When required by law
- When it is necessary to protect the life, body or property of a person but difficult to obtain the consent of the said person.
- When it is absolutely necessary in order to improve public health or promote the sound development of children.
- When it is necessary to carry out the affairs stipulated by laws and regulations for a national institution, a local public entity or an entrusted person, and the consent of the person in question may interfere with the execution of the affairs
- When the service requiring personal information is succeeded due to merger, company split, business transfer, or other similar reasons
Personal Information Management
Selectra controls access to personal information files, restricts the access to the minimum necessary, and manages safety of personal information in order to prevent any leakage, loss or damage of personal information. We are taking very seriously management of personal information and adopt the necessary and appropriate measures to protect these data.
Disclosure and correction of personal information
If a user wishes to request the disclosure, correction, deletion, suspension of use, or suspension of provision to a third party of personal information held by Selectra, he can do so by contacting us at the contact information provided below.
Regarding consultations and complaints related to personal information
If you have any comments, questions, complaints or other inquiries regarding the handling of personal information by Selectra, please contact us using the contact information below.
We may use "cookies" on our pages. Cookies can identify an information terminal (ex: computer, mobile phone), but cannot identify an individual. Although you can disable the cookie function on the settings of your terminal, note that you may not be able to use all or part of our services if you do so.
Address: 1-27-9 Higashi Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150 - 0011 Tokyo, Japan
Email: [email protected]
Notes on using our management site
The information posted on our website is the information provided by each power and gas company on its website. We regularly update this information but cannot guarantee the fees indicated at the time the user browses are up to date.
Information on electricity and gas charges provided by our service is obtained through careful checking the providers’ contents, but the accuracy, validity, legality, usefulness cannot be guaranteed by Selectra and we shall not be liable for any damage or loss caused by an error in the information.
In addition, Selectra cannot answer any questions regarding the rate plans or services of each power company. Please contact each power company directly for further details.
To the power company
To ensure the accuracy of information provided by Selectra, we accept requests from electricity and gas retailers. Do not hesitate to contact us for confirmation and/or correction of posted information at any time. Email us at [email protected] for any inquiries.
Please note that we may not be able to respond to the said requests depending on the content, especially in the cases where fairness or neutrality of our business is not ensured.